The Charpak scholarship program is run by the Embassy of France in India. The programme is named after Georges Charpak (1924 – 2010).
The Charpak scholarship program offers three types of funding for Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
This program is designed for all students of economics, engineering and science background at the Bachelor’s or Master’s levels who plan to undertake an internship at a French laboratory during their academic break (May to July).Exchange Program:
This program is designed for exchange students for a period of one to four months (duration of an academic semester) at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
This program is designed for one to two years of studies in France at the Master’s degree level.
- Candidates will be selected based on academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of statement of purpose.
- Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory.
- For master’s scholarship applicants, a tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
Scholarship benefits for all three programs:
- Student visa fee waiver (16500 INR approx)
- Monthly stipend (duration and amount vary as per the program)
- Medical insurance coverage (300/year approx)
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation
How to apply:
Candidates have to download the application form online.
- Last date for submission of application for Research Internship Program is March 15, 2015.
- Last date for submission of application for Exchange Program is May 17, 2015.
- Last date for submission of application for Master’s Program is June 07, 2015.